Pastoral Council Roster
Parish Council Minutes
New Council met on June 11, 2019
Holy Redeemer by the Sea Catholic Church Pastoral Council Meeting June 11, 2019 Approved Minutes
Present: Father Bill Walsh, osfs, Father John Hanley,osfs, Matt Brauer, Mary Campbell, Val Cummings, Kris Felthousen, Tim Gregory, Leo Holland, Thomas LePage, Pete Markland, Linda Palombo, Jane Parker, Anne Petera, David Prentice, Marian Sciacchitano, Susan Silbernagel, Margaret Walsh, Jim Watters
Absent: Wendy Flores, Mark Pressier, Miguel Angel Rodriguez
Recorder: Judy Gach
• 5:17 p.m.
• Fr. Bill welcomed the new Holy Redeemer by the Sea Catholic Church Pastoral Council members and thanked them for their service. He expressed disappointment that no parishioners who attend Holy Trinity by the Sea Catholic Chapel chose to accept the invitation to participate.
• Fr. Bill explained that the Council is a cooperative, consultative group to help implement our parish mission statement to the best of our abilities.
• Kris Felthousen also welcomed all new members to the Pastoral Council. Kris will remain as chairman for the first year of the new Council’s service. He shared how much it has been a privilege for him to participate in the behind-the-scenes workings of the parish and how much he has grown spiritually because of his involvement.
Overview of Constitution and By-laws
• Fr. Bill reviewed and answered questions in regard to Pastoral Council By-Laws. He emphasized that the Parish Council is established to serve the parishioners.
• According to the By-Laws, members were asked to consider nominees for the duties of Vice Chair and Secretary.
• All members need to take note of their task of preparing for a new Pastoral Plan.
• Both voting and non voting members introduced themselves and shared some background information.
• Fr. Bill expressed his appreciation for the exceptional parish staff and for the accomplished people now joining the Pastoral Council.
• September 10, 2019, 5:15 p.m.
• 6:17 p.m.