IMPORTANT CHRISTMAS SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEMENT
As Christmas approaches with no indication that the COVID virus threat is decreasing, we are trying to allow for a Christmas Schedule that is both accommodating and safe. All registered parishioners will soon receive a post card printed with our Christmas Schedule. We will celebrate Mass at 4 PM and 7 PM on Christmas Eve at Holy Redeemer by the Sea Church, and at 7:30 p.m. (bilingual) at Holy Trinity Chapel. On Christmas Day, Mass will be celebrated at 9 AM at Holy Redeemer by the Sea Church, AND at 11 AM at Holy Trinity Chapel.
Since the 4 PM Christmas Eve Mass is generally crowded to standing room only, we will practice safe social distancing by offering ticketed seating only for 200 people.
Beginning Monday, November 30, you may call the office at 252-261-4700 to request a ticket for the 4 pm Christmas Eve Mass. Each person in your party will require a ticket for entry, including children. Seating includes the Church and the Parish Hall and is first come, first served.
Tickets must be requested during a LIVE phone call only – NO VOICE MAIL requests will be honored. The Office is open from 9 AM – Noon, Monday to Friday, and staff members will be available to take your request during that time frame. Tickets may either be picked up in the office, or may be emailed, per your preference.
Tickets are required for entry into the Church for the 4 PM Christmas Eve Mass ONLY. Face coverings will be required inside the Church and Hall. Anyone without a ticket or face covering is welcome to participate via the audio broadcast outside the Church building.
Again, ticket requests for the 4 PM Christmas Eve Mass will begin on Monday, November 30 at 9 AM until 200 tickets have been assigned.
All other Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Masses will include an outdoor audio broadcast, and will require six foot social distancing with face coverings indoors and the usual attendance limits as described below.
Please direct all questions to Val Cummings, either at the above number or at email@example.com
For the foreseeable future, our weekend Masses will continue according to our Winter Schedule which is as follows:
Saturday 5PM, Holy Redeemer, 7:30 PM Holy Trinity (BiLingual)
Sunday 9AM, Holy Redeemer, 11 AM Holy Trinity.
SUNDAY 9 AM MASS WILL BE LIVE STREAMED
HERE IS THE LINK: DEC 6 2020
- Attendance limited to 225 inside Holy Redeemer and 60 inside Holy Trinity. Admittance will be on a first come, first served basis. The audio Mass will continue to be broadcast outside of the building for those who do not wish to enter or do not have a mask. We will continue to livestream the 9AM Mass as long as we have the resources to do so. The link to the livestream will be posted here.
- Entry will be through one attended front door only; exit will be through the rear doors.
- ALL inside attendees MUST wear a face covering. This is for the protection of the entire worshiping community in the event that someone present tests positive at a later date.
- 6 foot social distancing will be observed
- There will be no Collection or Offertory Procession. If you wish to make a donation, please place your offertory in the designated receptacles.
- Communion will be distributed as bread only after the final blessing both inside and outside of the building. After receiving Communion (in your hand only, please) depart the building through the designated doors.
- All Weekday Masses will take place at Holy Redeemer by the Sea in Kitty Hawk at 9 AM Monday- Friday.
Please be aware that Bishop Zarama, Diocese of Raleigh, has stated that all of the faithful are dispensed from their Sunday obligation. The elderly, those sick, those with pre-existing health conditions or other vulnerable people should especially continue to stay at home.
Please direct all questions to Val Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org
Off Season Mass
Holy Redeemer by the Sea
Location: 301 West Kitty Hawk Road
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Holy Trinity by the Sea Chapel
Location: 7335 Virginia Dare Trail
Nags Head, NC 27959
A Message from Father Bill
Dare County Weather Policy’s
The Church will be closed and all activities canceled if a LOCAL State of Emergency is declared by Dare County or the Town of Kitty Hawk that includes mandatory evacuations or restrictions or prohibitions on travel in Kitty Hawk. Never put yourself at risk of accident or physical harm to come to Church in dangerous conditions, even if a delay or emergency has not been announced. We have been assured by the Diocese of Raleigh that the Catholic faithful are not obligated to attend Mass when prevented by unsafe travel conditions.
Since our new inclement weather policy governing closures and cancellations will now be tied to County and Municipality States of Emergency, we urge all parishioners to sign up for County Alerts.